I have decided to jump on the Word of the Year bandwagon! Some of my favorite bloggers have chosen their words for 2015 and I am feeling inspired. Paul over at Message in a Bottle chose Perseverance, Michele at Mished-Up chose Curious, and Josie at The Miracle Is Around The Corner chose Energy. I love the idea of choosing a word and giving myself something to search and strive for throughout the year…something that will help me to stay positive, mindful, and joyful in recovery (no, none of those are my WOTY) 🙂
Over the past few days, I have had a list of words running through my mind that could potentially be my WOTY. The short list included: peace, balance, gratitude, and grace. The word that I chose though, was actually my very first thought when I decided to do this. After careful consideration, my 2015 Word of the Year is:
I like connect because it can cover many different areas in my life that I would like to work on this year. I suspect you’ll see some posts from me about some of the following:
- Connecting with others. In my New Year’s post, I wrote about wanting to work on connecting with others more. I want to be better at reaching out and growing the friendships that I have.
- Connecting with God. Another of my goals for 2015 is to pray more. My connection with God is strong, but I know how important it is to my recovery to maintain my conscious contact with Him.
- Connecting with the program of AA. It is so important for me to feel connected to my 12 step program. It gives me hope, and strength and the opportunity to help others.
- Connecting with nature. I am really hoping that we squeeze in a few camping trips this year, but even if we can’t, I would like to take advantage of the beautiful weather here in the southwest and get outside more. Except, of course, from June until September…I’ll be sitting inside under the air conditioner for those months!
- Connecting with myself. I think that the first year or two of sobriety is a time of great self-awareness. I want to continue to learn about myself and stay self-aware, because I know that will help keep me from becoming complacent, and that will help keep me sober.
I know that there are other areas where I can look to “connect” and I trust that they will come to me as the year goes on. But right now it’s getting late, and I must go connect with my pillow. 😉
6 thoughts on “My Word of the Year”
Your words are touching. Shhh……I do read your blogs. I admire your words of wisdom my friend. Love you.
what a great word.. CONNECT!
so important and so lovely….keep track over the year, be aware of little synchronicities, little things that remind you of the word or that cause you connect in new ways. I always say we may have an idea how we want to work the word, but we need to leave plenty of space for the word to work us!
oh, and i love the new look around here jami..very cool!
Love this word! And so happy to be connecting with you!
This is a beautiful word.
I too, need to keep up my connections with all you listed.
It’s too easy for me to get “lazy” and not call.
It takes work, but so worth it!