I am so excited to have received the Sunshine Award from Tracy over at Wanderlust! Thank you so much for the honor, Tracy. I obviously love the sunshine, which is why I live in Arizona…so what a perfect gift to receive. If you have a minute please give Tracy’s blog a look, her photography is truly breathtaking.
As with any award, there are rules! I will do my best to honor this tradition.
To accept the award, the awardee must do the following:
- Display the award on your blog.
- Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Present 10 deserving bloggers “who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.”
- Link to the awardees and let them know of the nomination.
- List 10 interesting things about yourself.
10 interesting things about me:
- I am a dog person. I don’t hate cats, but I find them aloof and boring. These are my babies:
2. I learned how to knit by watching youtube videos. So I now have about 127 scarves, and I live in the desert…go figure.
3. I am short…really short (5′ 0″), so I often use tongs to reach things up high, unless my tall husband is around.
4. I love mornings. I get up at about 4:30 am each day so that I have time to enjoy them. It’s my time to journal, and pray, and meditate. Oh, and my time to drink lots and lots of coffee.
5. When I am at home, I wear my husband’s clothes. There is nothing more comfortable than his sweats and over-sized (well, for me anyway) sweatshirt.
6. I love made-for-TV movies. I know, I shouldn’t admit that. But they always have a happy ending.
7. I wish I could write poetry. I love to read it, but I don’t feel like my attempts at writing it have ever been successful, or that I have produced anything that people would want to read. Maybe my vocabulary isn’t big enough…
8. I love to bake. Cookies, breads, cakes, anything sweet. It relieves my stress and I love sharing it with others. I try to limit how much and how often I bake though, or I would weigh 650 lbs.
9. Jesus, my husband, and AA have saved my life. I am blessed and grateful.
10. I am silly and goofy. Almost all of the time. And I love other people’s silliness. Life gets way too serious so much of the time…why not have fun?
And now for the important part – here are the bloggers that I would like to present with the Sunshine Award. I mainly read recovery and faith-based blogs, and these are some of the best I’ve seen:
- Debbie at Dangling on the Edge
- Dorothy at Dorothy Recovers
- Kristen at Bye Bye Beer
- Lisa at Gems of Delight
- Fern at Emotional Drinking
- Josie at The Miracle is Around the Corner
- Michelle at Rising Woman
- Christy and Jennie at Words for the Weekend
- Maggie at Sober Courage
- Belle at Tired of Thinking About Drinking
My recovery would not be where it is today without these bloggers. I am so blessed to have found this wonderful online community of knowledge, love and support. 🙂